The move and Tooting Broadway!

So today i am awake 2 hours early, 7.10am ...... what the frick.
I am being clutched by the arms of my favourite tattooed man, and trying not to make too much noise.
Its flipping moving day!
After a month (what seems a year) of utter chaos, uncertainty, exhaustiveness and some fun thrown in there too, i am SO ready to have my own space.
I was warned by oh-knowledgeable-one, also known as my father, and James about how difficult it would be to move down and start work without a place, and i totally agreed, but it didn't stop me. Im glad i didn't let it but its been in no way easy.
Ive packed my giant rucksack, full of various "essentials" branded house items, like a sauce pan and frying pan. I feel so adult. I have lemon sherbets too - also an essential.
And in about an hour ill be catching the tube to my new home.
I haven't been excited for a while if im honest, but i think that's because im just really excited to go home and see my family for Christmas. Saying that, i am awake super early and that's pretty much unheard of and i also have brand new bed sheets so i cant really say im not a tiny bit keen!
                                                                            *     *     *
And im here! Weve all said bye to mat (for now) and ive started my journey in my new house. As a side note to mat, the room looks WAY bigger now you mucky pup!
Tube journey here with all my household items was relatively stress free and im now sat on the sofa with a cup of vanilla tea.

                                                                         *     *     *

Its now Sunday... I was in my house approx 2 hours before i left for the entire weekend. So today it actually hit me. I set off on my travels back from James's with ANOTHER giant rucksack, all my washing and various other bits and bobs.
Shit. Just remembered i didnt get a toothbrush.
I dropped off all my stuff into my room and went on an adventure to Tooting Broadway.


Pretty cool high street, and way bigger than you'd think! I trawled the 99p and pound stores in true Sophie fashion. I got a bowl, plate, saucer... Oh shit i forgot cutlery too. I got a glass, some washing machine powder, tea towels and some other uninteresting stuff, but all for under a quid each! If there ever was an advertisement for Poundland, i am it.
I must say though, these are my 2 favourite purchases.



The garlic banana chips are banging! 2 for 99p at the 99p store... go and try them!

I had a good look around and Tooting Broadway has a lot to offer, im pretty happy its my closest town. There also seems to be a gorgeous park i've spotted right next to my house, so im going to go and explore that tomorrow before work.
Ive put my washing in, anti bacterial-ed my room and now im sat on the sofa drinking out of my rabbit mug. Ive been here an whole hour, and thought id broke the fridge. I hadn't, it was just the shelf, totes fine. Don't tell anyone.

Im going to put a few pictures of the house up when i have time. And also my bedroom, but right now its very messy. Old habits die hard. Im sure my dad would be happy to know i havent changed TOO much.
I think the world knew i was nervous about moving in and being a real adult for the first time, so it pointed me in the direction of this amazing dinosaur poster. It was 99p.
#lifewin



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.