London Cocktail Club


After arriving a little early, my boyfriend James and I pottered outside until it was about time to go in. We cautiously wondered down the stairs into a dark basement with thumping music. You would have never have guessed what was leading down the stairs from the simple sign outside.


The atmosphere was electric. Everyone’s chats sounded like hums over the music and it was packed. We were seated to our table immediately where the manager greeted us and made us feel really welcome.
With not much in the way of light, there were scattered candles everywhere and some main lights hovering over the bar, which the bar men swung every time a good song came on! We had a mug of popcorn and some water in between us on our table before we had our first order.
Mine was a vanilla spring punch and James had a smoking barrel.

My cocktail tasted amazing. The perfect amount of sour and sweet. I’m a big lover of sour and it really hit the spot. It is a vodka based cocktail with vanilla syrup.
James’s cocktail’s presentation really impressed me. It came in a bottle with hickory smoke on top of Jack Daniels single barrel and as he drank it, he said he could taste the different layers, going from pure whiskey down to really sweet martini rosso and maraschino.

We were really excited to try our next. I had a cocktail called “movie night” which was served in a popcorn case! Pretty cool! It was a concoction of barcadi, dissaronno, chocolate sauce and milk... like an alcoholic milkshake. It was completely different to my last cocktail and I loved the variation they had.

James had another whisky based drink called “Dan Cunningham” which was his favourite. A fruity whisky sour made up of Tullarmore dew, Mount gay black barrel, port and raspberry. He almost ordered another as his next cocktail.

Our third round of drinks, were “Roselle” and “Sunshine Negroni”. I had actually ordered the "Sunshine Negroni" which was more bitter than I was expecting so James switched with me. Perfect for bitter lovers! It is a mixture of strawberry infused hendrix gin, dubonnet and campari.
Roselle was portobello road gin, hibiscus syrup, lemon and grapefruit, and yes, it was as good as it sounded.

On the bar there not too far from me, was a giant cocktail filled pirate ship, which I definitely wanted to try out, but that was for another day.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.