I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.

I was in the mood for some hearty food after a weekend of naughty nibbling. I was surprised to see i had not gained but lost weight over my weekend break (even with all the cocktails) which inspired me to ignore the microwave and get stuck in.

Some amount of pasta (I used a lot, that is a measurement)
1 can of co-op chopped tomatoes with oregano and garlic
2 heaped table spoons of tomato puree
30g of Half fat mature cheddar
A sprinkle of parmesan, going to guess about 10g
Quarter of a white onion


I cooked the pasta in salted boiling water until it was aldente then drained and added chopped tomatoes.
I fried some onions with the 1 cal light spray as i had left my coconut oil somewhere.
Added the onions, puree and smooshed it all around then put it in a baking dish
I lay some sliced cheese on the top and sprinkled the parmesan over it for crispiness.

In the oven for 20 minutes on about 190.
Add salt and pepper to taste after!

I don't know how many syns are in this, for the slimming worlders but at a guesstimate from other cheese syns, it's about 10.
Things i would change -
I would use pasata rather than chopped tomatoes because i don't really like tomatoes, just the flavour... and i would put more cheese inside it. So you know, anything to make it a little less healthier. On the whole it was nice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome