Day 2

James was at work this day, and i had the Sunday to myself.
There was no way in hell i was going on the tube by myself, i didnt even understand how to do it. Have you seen a tube map? What. The. Fuck.

So i sort of hung around in James's kitchen feeling awkward and somewhat defeated.
I was just thinking about how London definitely wasnt for me, and maybe i really did hate big cities. But atleast id given it ago. Then Tim popped in the kitchen, one of James's house mates and said hey. I got chatting to him and it turns out the flat and next door were going for an explore and said i could join them. I thought, fuck it! Im only here until tomorrow!
So off i went with Johnny, Rosie, Sam and Tim, people id known less that 24 hours, to explore London. Bold move.

Sam helped me top up my oyster card as i still didnt quite understand what was going on and what i had to beep, then we were on our way to Green Park!

It was bad ass. I could cope with parks, ive seen them before ya know? I stuck very close to Tim and Johnny, pretty much walking in their exact footprints. The weather was great and the deckchairs were cool. I kinda wanted to sit on one but everyone was on a mission... I have sat in a deckchair before.
We walked SO far that day. We went past Buckingham Palace - which i called the "queens house" much to one of James's friends amusement. Nerves get the better of my brain. We had a look at Hyde park, pretty good, and there were peddle boats!
I never did get a chance to go on them before winter came... just you wait til summer.
Then we made it to the science museum, which was so cool. We only managed to cover a 3rd of it but my favourite bit was on murder/serial killers and the brain by far. The altizmers section was pretty cool too but too close to my heart to "enjoy". Rosie and I, blitzed the "years" section and that was pretty freaking cool too, about how the years evolved with house hold items, technology and "in things"... okay guys I just love the science museum.
I didn't take any photos that day, in fear of looking like a tourist, something Johnny is very much against. But i found some pictures just to show you what i saw.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.