I cant cook #3 - OMG green juice

As i was boiling my spring greens for the occasional healthy salad i like to make as an attempt of trying to replicate what i eat out, i tipped away all the green juice in the pan and was suddenly like... OH MY GOD.
So i poured the rest into a glass, this is where the good stuff is right?

That's why steaming is better, because it keeps all the nutrients locked in. If, like me, sometimes you have a kitchen so grubby you cant find things to steam in and the microwave smells like 4 other peoples curries (#studenthalls) you may find refuge in a saucepan.

I thought to myself, WHY AM I POURING ALL THE GOODNESS AWAY and came up with an idea to make it more drinkable.

I chose
- Spring greens
- Basil
- Spinach

But feel free to wack in like Parsley cos that's well good for you, kale... you know the drill.

Boil and save all the veg for dinner and use the juice.
Add whatever you want to it.

I imagine apple juice would be great, 100% pure obvs.
Almond milk would probably work if you want a smoothie type thing

Experiment and go nuts!


This will obviously taste better and less like soup if you wait until its cooled and chilled.

Science on this is a bit wishy washy, as with all nutrients and cooking them, not cooking them, eating them raw etc but it wont harm you drinking it even if it doesn't make your skin glow like an Arabian princess.

VIOLA! Now you can look like the cool hipster kids and feel well on point (whatever that means)

I don't have a picture of the green juice so please enjoy this picture of me and a dinosaur

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.