Hostel Highlights.

I came back to the Hostel again to start my life without a place... Bold. But mostly it was fun.
I went to the Green Man on Edgware Road after James recommended it to me.  I cant recommend it enough. The staff are wonderful.

Ive been there on and off for about 2 months, and because ive started this blog 2 months late, Im going to do the highlights!

I met a dude called Riccardo, he was sleeping in the bunk next to me who also had a guitar. He was learning English but we managed to hold conversations and it was lovely. He let me borrow his phone charger. After him finding out i was a singer, he whacked out his guitar and we had a jamming session that he recorded on his phone! It was great fun. I sang Eric Clapton and Amy Winehouse. Were looking to do an open mic at some point. 

I also met a guy called Rob who i kept in touch with too. It happened purely by accident, we just started chatting over a smoke and soon it turned into a fun evening. We bonded over neuroscience and red wine. He bought 2 bottles and shared them with me. People joined and left in and out through the night and it was a great night. I was in my pyjamas. 



1

Towards the end... at 5am, when everyone filtered off to bed, i was allowed to control the music! And the bar tender (its 24 hours) Gave me like 6 cups of free tea. It was banging.

Not entirely sure if this was a highlight or not, but... I also got locked in the shower. It was about 2 am and after a lot of frantic knocking, a guy came to my rescue. He asked me if i "i was decent" and sorted out the lock with a coin. I thanked him, blushed, and hastily walked back to my dorm room. I heard him call out to me after and i turned around to see what was up, and he pointed to the floor. There were my dropped pants in all their glory. Only me.

I also met a guy called Uri. He was great, 19 i think? So enthusiastic and full of life. He goes to uni and thinks hes dumb because everyone knows history in depth and he has no idea. I told him not to worry and everyone is winging it deep down. He was staying at the Hilton. Told me to stop by his work whenever i wanted for a coffee.

And last but not least, in the morning, someone set their alarm for about 7. Relatively reasonable, if they turned it off. Eventually, after it going off every 5 minutes for 30 minutes, everyone was awake - apart from the person who it belonged to. We all started laughing though and someone asked them to "Close that sound"
So. Cute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.