Roxy.

God, i'm hungover and i don't even know where to begin.

I met Hannah at the tube station and we made our way to Lidl to buy wine, anchovies, houmous, pitta bread and some ginger bread things for my house mates.
We got to mine about 4.30pm and started drinking immediately. Pretty bad life choice.
I then wanted to make Hannah "delicious pasta", which is something James created at some point and showed me. It took me so long to do anything. Id started "cooking tea" for 20 minutes before anything was even in the pan. This night was going to go well.

After some more wine and a frantic text to James asking him why my anchovies weren't going into a paste like they were suppose to, it ended up how it was suppose to, and then i fried some halloumi on top. Im not entirely sure what happened to me but i'm becoming domesticated.
Hannah said it was nice, she ate it all so i believed her and then we got some tunes on.

Charles let us borrow his speakers in the front room which was banging, and soon there was a full blown chart music disco in the front room. After listening to "anaconda" and "bang bang" about 50 times more than necessary, hula hooping, and wearing a builders hat, we decided to venture out an hour early so we could find where we were going.
We were both pretty battered at this point and had taken enough selfies to put a real instagrammer to shame. We were ready for our night.

Getting to Roxy was a fuck. Like, we'd looked at maps and everything and still didn't quite understand what the fuck was going on, or where the shops were that were suppose to be there. Doug called me after a drunk "can u call me" text - lol, and asked if i was okay. I asked him if he knew where I was, and he was like, Soph, I have no idea. But just as that happened, Hannah found Roxy right next to a weird kebab shop, so i thanked Doug for his kind of help and then joined the que.

I wasn't feeling great at this point. Trying to find Roxy had pissed me off when i was pissed and i wasn't overly feeling it anymore, Hannah asked me if i wanted to just go home and chill, but we had committed! A bouncer man, who i thought was going to tell me to stop smoking said "STAND BACK, STAY THERE" because we were just in the front of an entrance to the kebab shop. I said sorry and i think he felt really bad as he said "it's okay". It was pretty unnecessarily forceful.

Don't even get me fucking started on getting in. It was fucking military. (I can feel i'm pissed off again just writing about it) The other bouncer was like "i.d." so i showed him, he passed it to this other guy who then put it in a scanny thing, my picture came up on the wall! And then it turned into a camera and i got pushed towards the wall to have my face scanned. What the fuck. I am far too country for this shit.
Pretty stressful process just to get into a club, i just want to dance. So then we were put into ANOTHER line which was the "list line".
I explained Hannah was on it too and he was like no shes not, did you put her on there? And i was like... yes and he said no, this is the mailing list. And i was like what the fuck man?
Then the bouncer who was head of the OTHER line was like "Are we cool with them?"
I guess i fucking passed interrogation number 394738, and then i was told this one was the guest list so it was fine, and that there were just fucking 94947 list lines.
I was almost in tears by the end of the process and the guy was like "Hey don't worry, ill let Hannah go in for cheaper" And then it turns out we were on the list anyway. So not yolo.

We made our way down to the basement and at this point i've got tears in my eyes and i'm fed up. We make our way to the bar and find out that the cocktails aren't half price as normal on a Thursday, but double the price because its Christmas. I still haven't kicked off at this point but i'm pretty close. We find out wine is only £4 for a large so they had some SLIGHT redemption.
We got our drinks and headed over to the very open plan bar/dance area and did some dancing. I think more wine went over us, in our hair and on the floor than it ever went in our mouth.
"Scandalous" then came on so everything started to get better.
We were dancing for no longer than 5 minutes when we were approached by 2 guys. At this point we knew we had to come up with our classic lesbian girlfriend alibi. We gave each other that "look". So from then on, to anyone who approached us we would say we were together. It worked pretty well and guys generally left straight away. We got another drink through a song we didn't really care about and then made our way back to the same spot.

I put my drink down for about 4 minutes so i could really bust some shapes and this woman completely K.O'd my wine off the table. I wasn't that upset because i was totally battered at this point and thought maybe it had done me a favour. But her mate then came up to us about 5 minutes later and asked if it was my wine. I said yes but not to worry, accidents happen, but then we were marched to the bar for a replacement which was lovely. She was really nice. I never caught her name but she told us about the importance of us being there for each other as friends. She replaced my drink and brought me, herself and Hannah a jager bomb too. Like, you know guys, i KNEW all of this wasn't a good idea but it was still occurring. So we "cheersed" and took a photo because i told her about my blog.

I made friends with the photographer as well because i think he took about 24 photos of me and Hannah. So the last photo i gave him a look to say 'how about you stop that now' and we ended up chatting. He's in a band and gave me his email to email him over some of my music which was cool.

The most beautiful thing happened shortly after, as Hannah noticed guys were going to come up to us, but somehow it has circulated around MOST of the club that we "were together" so the guys weren't to bother. Hannah said she kept seeing the conversations of guys going to speak to us but their mates saying something about us being together and them looking a bit disheartened and turning back around. Im sad i was too drunk to miss most of that.

Even out of all the chaos, the actual dancing was so much fun and they really did play some tunes. Hannah made friend with an Irish guy called Michael. and we also made friends with 2 guys who were desperate for some fillets of fish from Mcdonalds. They were lovely.
In our desperate attempt to find the bus home even though i had planned out the routes, James called my phone to speak to Hannah because i just wasn't taking anything in. Im not sure Hannah was either as she put us on the wrong bus further away from where we needed to be.
We had a little cry inside on the bus and then rocked up to our next stop.
A guy joined the bus stop dressed like a sailor, freezing because someone had nicked his coat. It cheered us up. And we thought we were having a bad night.

We eventually made it to James's, even though we missed the stop because apparently night buses don't speak at you or show you your location. Good one night buses. It had taken us over 2 fucking hours and it was now 5.30am but James had made us chips.

Night rating 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.