The beginning!

So wine in hand, ive decided to start a blog on my life and experiences.
Ive recently moved to London so i think its best to start with that.
Reverting back to a month ago, i was a little lost country bumpkin in a big bad city.
I didnt really understand anything.

I arrived at Paddington station for the first time in my life. Completely crowded and terrifying, but they did have a burger king. James met me for the first time in London and i shuffled up to him sheepishly. It was a Saturday - not a great day to experience London for the first time. After about 10 post train cigarettes and a well deserved cup of tea, we were on our way.

James asked me if i wanted an oyster, thought it was a bit of a weird time for such specific seafood.
It was then explained that it was a travel card thing with some big bad ass machines that you put money on them with, so I agreed obvs and watched all in a blur as the 473934739 people shuffled and hussled around.
I was led to a beepy thing, some beepy things dont work, and then off we went down 4738892 stairs with arrows everywhere. I remember taking pretty much nothing in.

The tube made me cry and have a panic attack. But everything was okay. After we got off we went on the escalator. James was doing everything he could to make sure I was okay, so much so that I thought he was whisking me into his arms to cuddle me... No he wasn't. I was stood on the LEFT hand side of the fucking mental escalator despite copious amounts of signs to say stand on the right. After i was moved pretty swiftly to the right, copious amounts of people streamed up on the left hand side from behind me in a speedy fashion and i felt like an idiot.
Guys - dont do that.

James and I had planned a whole fun day for my first day to London so we made it to the Natural History Museum, but yet again, it was a Saturday. The que was massive and we didn't even touch on it, so we went and had a cup of tea and smoke outside The Royal Marsdon. Scenic.

Got a bus, that was pretty good. Double decker so obviously went to the top. OMG GUYS you use your oyster card for buses here! Like you can pay them, but they have a beepy thing too. They also have 43973 different buses for the same destinations and vice versa. So it was like a mini tour.
Unfortunately i was quite overwhelmed by everything so i didn't take a lot in, infact, i wanted to go home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.