Training day.




I did a sensible adult thing and made sure i went to find my work place the DAY before. It worked out well because i was still searching for about an hour.
I eventually admitted defeat for a second time and went for a sit down in subway where i met a guy called Darren. We chatted about life over hot chocolate and sandwiches, as it was just us in there and he even knew where Hereford was. He told me about this cool restaurant he works at where everything is dark and you have no idea what you're eating. He said if i couldn't get a reservation in advance to just say i was his friend. He was really lovely and cheered me up on my miserable work mission.

When i realised where it might be, it was under a giant tunnel through a glass door that you could hardly see. Easy. Either way i breathed a sign of relief and i was ready for tomorrow.

                                                                      *      *      *
I turned up to work on time and ready to go. I tried my best not to be myself because you know.
Gotta break people in gently!

The day was super long and grueling. There were some funny bits. A french lady came in and asked the people who weren't there to tell her. Me and Catherine looked at each other and laughed. I was sat next to a girl called Lauren too. She was relatively quiet but i guess so was i. We were forced to partner up and somehow covered a variety of topics including breaking bad. We both like Jessie. By the time it came to lunch time wed both agreed to go and grab lunch together... was i making a friend?  We went to "Pret" and i got a ceaser roll. Mate it was pretty good. Lauren got a meatball panini and a brownie that she shared with me. She was pretty good. She called me a creature. We spoke about babies and i told her my nephew was "well good" and she was almost in tears, something she doesn't let me live down even to this day. I think i talk weird to London people.

We went back at it was time to call people to collect data for Volkswagen. Which was the research project i was put on. Pretty terrifying and boy did i fuck it up more than once. I called someone "mate", i offered someone sweets on behalf of Volkswagen, and i had a chat about kiwis, that was a good call. I was also offered a cup of tea for whenever im in Wales. At the end, we were assessed and all called into a room. We ALL got the job.

After what seemed a super long day, my brain felt like it was going to pop. I wanted wine. I looked to my new found friend who then informed me she also is a red fiend and that was it. Mates for life. We dashed off to the pub and rounded up some work troupes to celebrate our new job!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.