Happy New Years - Im back!

After not completing a post on my amusing cocktail evening with my house mates, and now being sidetracked by my re-found love of Netflix, I am back and re-united with my love - my laptop.
Ive had a quiet one over Christmas.

I've done some nice things in little Hereford! Went to the theatre with my parents to watch Paddington (So weird when you see the place you live on t.v), had a banging salad at the Courtyard ( i know it seems weird to get excited over salad but it was So. Good.) Hung out with my best friends, did a frequent amount of drinking and consuming of chocolates and of course saw my family.
My mum, who has now witnessed my new found love for healthy food brought me some treats around Sainsburys which i wouldn't otherwise get myself in London - broke innit, and even though I spent 10 days in Hereford, I still feel like I had no time to do anything or see anyone!
I did however, on top of all of that manage a Christmas picnic at Queenswood, red wine at various pubs, 2 supermarket trips with my father for Christmas day which are always hilarious and a lovely view from Bromyard Downs on Christmas morning.


Christmas day was great, and what made it better this year was my little nephew spent time with us which was awesome. Having an excited child around at Christmas just makes it so much more magical, noisy and messy. I can't believe how much he's grown up since I last saw him and he's even taken to copying things that everyone says now.

After a delicious Christmas dinner (Thankyou chef dad), I managed to get about a bottle and a 1/4 of champagne down me before having an abrupt nap (some may call it passing out) on a chair like an old lady. Luckily for me, my sisters boyfriend did the same thing so I wasn't alone.

One thing that stuck out at me over Christmas was watching 'Muppets Christmas Carol' properly for the first time with Rob, medium intoxicated. Like, i refused to watch it as a kid because of the ghosts, come on ghosts are well scary, but I must say it is such a great film.
It was going to be my take home message of the year. Family and love are the most important, sure careers are great and if you enjoy them then well good, but if you don't have anyone to share it with, what does it matter? I've always said this and always thought it but watching that film made me tear up (not going to blame the wine).
Anyway, that's an entirely different post and something i'm still working out.

Im back in London now, a lb heavier (ONLY ONE!?) and haven't really done much since. New years was a quiet one as it's James's birthday. We opted to stay in and watch Pokemon, terrible films and drink proscecco. We had a 3 way hug with Johnny at midnight and watched a lot of fireworks from the balcony which was lovely. I also had a nap at 10pm... im getting old.

New years resolutions aren't my thing. I also cant cope if people say "New year, New me" I mean, come on.
Also people who are "totes working on their beach summer body".
If you hear me say either of these things, I might be taking the piss.
I constantly try and improve myself no matter what time of the year it is, so i guess ill continue to cut down on smoking, eat a bit healthier (i went through a stage of only eating burgers) even if i am now going through a stage of just eating hoummous and calling it healthy, move my body a bit more because it feels good, laugh more cos you know - yolo, and learn more because that's what everyone does here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.