XOYO.

I'm going to compare this to Roxy, because that is my only other night out in London I've ever had.
XOYO won and lost for different reasons.

I was in Rosie's room when Jake came bounding in to talk about the cat cafe were going to - I don't know how to do the e accent, he then asked me if I wanted to come out dancing with them tomorrow night.
A Monday. God.
Of course I said yes because going out with Jake would be hilarious and I hadn't yet experienced it. He informed me it would totes be a flat and not a heel night and then I brought my ticket.
No later than 3 seconds later, James was buying his ticket, Tim was getting one and then next door got in on the action, it was going to be a big night out.

After some faffing around, we all finally started pre-drinking. Classic London money saver and also danger zone in one. Jake created a "cocktail" with lime vodka, cinnamon vodka and cranberry juice which I excitedly named J-licious after creating Sophilicious many years ago.. I have a few years on these guys, as they are fresh out of college into Uni.

After some poor attempt of a disco from me in the kitchen, I wondered what Jake was playing at. Where is he to get the party started? Jake is well renound in the Wharf for his pre- night out kitchen discos - at least on like 2 floors. Everything was resolved as Jake brought in his speakers and got everything going.
There was a lot of dancing, some lazers on the laptop projecting though the t.v (lol) and a lot of pitta breads being consumed. (Rosie needed some alcohol sponge *cough* )

After another full 20 minutes of dicking about trying to leave, print off tickets, James forgetting his wallet and keys (What about the standard man check before you leave the house?!), we were on our way to XOYO.

Getting in was, well, fucking long. We all had tickets yet it was an hour and a half until we got in - which meant we could only dance for an hour and a half, like that was legit our night. But BOY was that hour and a half hilarious.

Molly peed in the que - sorry Mols but this is too great to not mention, you may or may not be my new zero fucks idol. James, Molly and some lovely random guy stopped 3 guys pushing in front of us all - come on dudes, we've all been waiting down in the pissing rain just like you have, and then upon getting right to the entrance, some girl stumbled out, dress dishevelled, medium coping with her heels, with sick on her chin, only to then projectile vomit again.
I felt bad for her, we've all been there right? My night that was similar to hers made me stop drinking for a long time purely for dignity purposes. I hope she's feeling alright this morning.
I think there was also another chick throwing up.  Jake hilariously put it "she threw up and it sprayed down the line" hitting one of his friends on the shoulder, Molly on the side and him on the ankle.
A strong look (and smell) to start the night with.

The difference with this process to Roxy's, was whilst Hannah and I got into Roxy pretty swiftly, the process was horrible. With XOYO, they did fuck up taking too many people on and selling too many tickets but the bouncers were really friendly and chilled and even the stressed ones were more polite.
I did have a tantrum and almost left because standing in the rain for almost 2 hours wasn't worth 8 pounds. I was sobering up and smoking more than necessary, having pretty much almost given up before this night out (shame on me, I know).

We got in, James headed straight for the bar like a real man and I headed straight for the loo like, well a real woman. Rosie and I almost made it through the toilet entrance before Katy B's - Katy on a mission came on, and well, the pee could wait.
We ran straight onto the dance floor only for it to be played for 20 seconds before the dj mixed in something else. Was probably worth the wee wait though.

We went to the loo and Rosie had about 4939 friends in there. Toilet paper was sparse. Lets not go into it. Only Rosie and I know what happened that fateful night.
We found the boys and James had brought me a g&t. I'm getting well sophisticated with my beverages recently. That or i'm not overly fussy - hard to tell.
We all made our way to the dance floor and formed a circle where none of us really knew how to begin. There were SO many people there. SO many. There was a lot of barging, shoving and girls dressed better than I was, but eventually we all got into it.

Everyone started busting a groove, especially Johnny which was almost the greatest thing i'd ever seen. It was genuinely pretty fun when everyone got into it. Johnny did some weird stuff with his hands that made him look like a t-rex, Sam did some hand Mexican waves at me with a strut walk (we rocked it mate) and Tim was bounding up and down looking like he belonged in The Killers.
We moved downstairs to dance floor 2 which was more house, got another round of drinks and claimed another circled space there.
I don't know which dance floor I preferred the most, but this one cracked out some dubstep so I think it won me over.
Everyone went for a cigarette break where we found Jake, Molly and Tori. We hadn't really seen them all night so it was really nice to bump into them and have a collective chat. Molly was furious because she'd lost her watch, but Jake was just showing us on snapchat how she'd fallen down a sofa and had fights with 2 people for spilling her drinks. She is literally hilarious.
We all had some photographs together to document the evening, and went back in for the last 30 minutes of dancing.
We all managed to stay together this time which was lovely. Molly did some happy heckling at my dancing which made me feel like a hip hop master and then Rosie and I got our grind on, that is until I kneed her in the knee (Sorry mate).

One of my favourite parts was dancing with James . I've never been to a club with him before ever, and that boy doesn't disappoint. After 15 g&t's (?) he was busting a move like nobodies business, also whilst wearing a cap. Hero.
I have just been informed James was buying 2 drinks for himself at the bar and drinking one before he came to give me me mine... with his other one. This now makes sense.
Sam managed to find us with glitter all over his face even though he'd been completely innocent, and we all had one last drink crammed in before it was over.

We all got a taxi back (Thankyou James) and went straight next door where things got marginally rowdy. When I say rowdy, I mean Johnny started throwing bits of plate off the balcony, whispering dark stuff, Sam had a broom in the air, there was a stool on the floor and Johnny got his penis out to everyone for reasons none of us know.
I found out today it was because Adam and Eve forced us to wear clothes and he found it annoying.
We'd only been home for 5 minutes.

I then thought, this is definitely my bed time.
I think our only error in this night was not starting earlier.
I drank half a cup of tea, and rammed some pitta bread, salad and ham into my mouth (medium healthy choice for a tipsy person) and turned the lights out.
Thankyou everyone for a great one.


Night rating 8/10



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.