The 3 Cornish Gems

After my laptop breaking and dropping my phone down the toilet and losing a lot of my latest posts, including this one, i'm feeling a little under the emotional weather. None the less! I still remember my wonderful time in Cornwall with 2 of my greatest friends and here are the 2 best hidden and one not so hidden) / places I picked.


Gunwalloe

In the middle of no where was this super secluded beach, with an added wedding. It's a pretty ace place to get married.
We didn't bathe on the pebble one but located next to it was an equally lovely sandy one with hills stretched for miles behind it, perfect for a small "hike". Something for everyone's needs.


Porthleven harbour

I flipping loved this harbour, even more than i loved the rose wine and that is saying something.
This simple, cute harbour makes you feel like you are in France. Its swim friendly, which is awesome and made me promptly sad i didn't have my swimming costume. It has a variety of really lovely independent shops and activities. We went into a really sweet little art gallery that sold old fashioned vintage logo mugs, and watched people catch crabs (which were giant!) in buckets, dangling their legs over the sides.
The boats were lush to look at and the sun was shining. I would love to go back there again. It was such a foreign feel for an English coast which made you feel like you were far from home, without having to do the travelling...




Polkerris

THIS WAS MY FAVOURITE

Aside from managing to resemble a Disney princess, this beach was also stunning. It was in the middle of nowhere and boasted a ton of giant rocks to climb/model on.
Its suppose to be one of the best beaches for diving in Cornwall and the water was some of the clearest water i have ever seen - not even taking into account the fact i live by the Thames.
I had beach wine - which contributed to the whole evening. It was stunning, quiet and Harry got stung by a weaver fish.







Other things worth mentioning is Falfalafel. It was hands down the best falafel i have ever had. It was all home made, including the pitta, and he filled it right to the brim. He got all the flavours in proportion and it was well good.





And swan pool icecream. I can't even.
Swanpool are well known for their ridiculous clotted cream covered icecreams and whilst i couldn't face all the clot, i still had the icecream with some coconut and papaya and it was the shizzle.



And just for Rosie, we can never forget this. She asked what henna tattoo i would like and i said a butterfly landing on an eagles wing - majestic. This is what i got.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.