30 Day writing challenge #3 - 10 things that make you happy

I'm grumpy today so hopefully this question will cheer me up.
These are not in order. I do not prioritise my love for wine over my love for my family. Though my father and my sister may disagree and laugh.

1- Tea
I love tea. It's a cliché but it's one for a reason. I drink about 5 cups a day. My boyfriend would argue I drink about 2 with the amount I leave to go cold, but whatever. I also bought a unicorn mug the other day which basically makes tea taste better. My parents would love it if I stopped cramming their cupboards full of different flavoured teas I never drink, and flasks. My dad also "banned" me from any more "giant mugs" because they take up too much room. I've only got 2. He asks if I'd like a "bucket of tea".
Now I've moved out, I am yet to take over my cupboard with oversized drinking vessels but my time will come.

2-  Wine, Vodka, Alcohol...
Sorry, not sorry. I love a nice glass of red wine, or sweet rose and I LOVE "making" cocktails. I.e smooshing spirits together. I recommend "lime Smirnoff" and peach fizzy water if you like jelly babies. Trust me.
I mostly just drink with my dinner and I'm pretty sensible at the pub these days. Past the age of 19 I've known when to stop which has always been something I'm secretly proud of. Apart from one night where I went out with a bunch of 18 year olds and I couldn't handle the shots. Pavement saw sweetcorn that night and so did my boyfriends shoes.

3- Doing good
* Yawn * I know. I'm sorry. But I freaking love it. I love picking out thoughtful presents, doing little surprises, helping people with their shopping, leaving the people I love notes, sending surprise things in the post... whatever. If I am making someone feel like the world is a little less shit then that also makes me feel a little less shit (though that's not consciously why I do it, just a nice side effect)

4- Having no commitments
There is nothing that makes me feel any less stressed then knowing I don't have to go anywhere the next day or the day after if I'm lucky. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that the pressure makes me want to make a duvet fort and use forks to fight off intruders. Mega bonus points knowing that I don't have to go somewhere I don't want to.

5- Piss take Instagrams
I literally can't deal with them. They are so great and they bright up my day. It might sound lame but in a world where crappy crap is forced down our throats it's nice to see that you are not the only one that thinks tanned girls legs by the pool look like sausages.
My favourites are deliciouslystella and celestebarber at the moment.

6- Playing baby dinosaur

This isn't a sex game before anyone gets weirded out. When I feel down, my boyfriend pretends to be a baby dinosaur. He puts his fingers into little claws and then moves around like a dinosaur. Sometimes he chases me in the woods until I'm screaming with laughter, sometimes he will run up to me like it in public and sometimes he will try and do "human things" like make a cup of tea with his little T-Rex hands. It's the cutest thing in the world and never fails to make me smile. Unfortunately, if I'm annoyed at James, I can never stay mad at baby dinosaur. I know what you are thinking, yes, my boyfriend is that awesome.

7- Hanging out with my family
Legit always hyper around them. I go back to my home town and see my family and it's like I can breathe again. I feel so happy to see my sister and be weird with her again, which never fails to make her boyfriend laugh even though he wants us to shut up. We all dance around the front room because my dad turns into DJ dad after a few glasses of wine, until late at night. I get to see my nephew who is my favourite tiny human in the whole world. And I get to see my mum smile because we're all together. It's one of the best feelings being with them and they should just all deal with how emotional I am OKAY.

8- Waking up with James.
Gross, yeah okay, but every time he wakes up and realises he's next to me, he smiles. That's pretty great.

9- Books
I flipping love books and book shops. I am always reading about 32782 books at the same time because completely different topics interest me. I didn't realise they were my thing until James said on payday, "Do you want to go clothes shopping because I'll buy you some?" whilst I was just looking for a jumper. I refused and said I just wanted him to spend his money on things that made him happy. We went into urban outfitters which had a selection of books I went straight over too, I was reading one and said "Look how cool this is!"
He took it out of my hands, smiled at me and added it to his basket. I asked him why, and he said "Because you being happy makes me happy".

Well that escalated quickly...... Take home message, books are my thing.

10-  Laughing so hard that you can't breathe. My sister and I are literally pro at this. We can go without oxygen for a good minute before gasping for air. Whoever is watching us always tells us to do some breathing which only stokes the fire. Our little nostrils flap out and in furiously and tears fill up in our face. This could happen over any given thing, at any given time. It gives you abs.


Basically upon writing this, I have discovered that the things that make me most happy are liquids, James, family and laughing.
I think on the whole I've done alright.

OH MY GOD I FORGOT THE BEACH




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.