30 Day Writing Challenge #3 - Your life in 7 years

Oh my life, I barely know what I am going to be doing in the next 7 hours, let alone 7 years, so I think this will be a hard one to write about.


Considering this writing challenge prompts are quite personal, i may switch to a different one, purely because I don't want to bore you with what I'm going to be doing within 7 years but would rather try and inspire people to be doing what THEY want in 7 years... But I guess that's a different post.


7 years ago today, I had just left college, dreaming of being a famous singer and having no effective immediate plans to put that in place but figured it would "just happen". I was in my infamous years of drinking mostly vodka, and partying purely for the love of dancing.
The Confuser, the band founded by my college friends and myself were still gigging a little and life was grand and very not adult.

Looking back, 17 was the most fun age for me I think. It was the age full of promise and I still had so much time ahead of me to figure out my path to stardom.
Alas, that didn't happen. I ended up staying in retail and just settling down in Hereford.

I remember working in Hobbycraft and buying a new notebook out of a London collection that had came in, thinking - one day I'll go to London and I'll sing, I'll dance, maybe I can start burlesque.
I don't really remember why I was itching to get to London but I think I just 'knew' it was "the place where dreams happened" Or at least that's the perspective of a country teen.
As years passed, I was in a steady relationship in Hereford, I was sure I "liked" retail and that was the path I would follow. I just figured I would settle down.

Here I am, after a complete upheaval and breakdown, purely by accident, in London.
I may not have the same passions for London any more but I found a new one. Writing. And I then went on to discover and learn so many different things.
From something that massive of a change, it's hard to even imagine where I will be in 7 years from now.

For the sake of this task, I will break it down into what I hope will happen and what I am working towards.

1-2 years - I hope I will still be in my degree, learning everything and all about the brain, enjoying the good and creative side of London.

3-4 years - This year i would like to take a gap out before i continue studying to go travelling with James. Not in the thailand "find myself" kind of way but maybe just because it's the easiest time to go at a point in our careers (possibly more so for me than James) and I think will be useful for cutural studies.

5-6 years - Continue the education that I need to finish my degree and start looking at post grad jobs for writing/psychology

7 years - I will be 31 - holy shit. At this point I hope I will be coercing James into finding a cottage by the beach for a bit and getting a pet rabbit.


These "goals" are all from an academic point of view but whilst it's nice to have an idea, anything and everything can change.
I know throughout my plan, that my main focus isn't so much my career path, but the people I love and care about along the way.

In those 7 years I will be spending more time with my family, I will be watching my nephew grow up and I will be making so many memories that will matter more than anything else. I am hopeful to still have a loving and strong partnership with James and to still have my health.
I hope to spread joy and love to as many people as possible, I hope to find happiness in everything i do and I hope to still see the good in the world.

So really, my grand plan for the next 7 years is to look out for the people I love, look out for the people I don't, keep working towards happiness and a peace of mind, but more importantly, just live life.


I will take everything that happens as easily as I can and always strive to see the good in whatever happens, in my next 7 years.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.