2016

I haven't left my bed for about 4 days for no other reason than I just didn't want to. I didn't want to face anyone, real life and the fact that it was the "start of a new year" put all that more guilt on me.
Shouldn't I be running around, squatting, seizing the day?
No, I was just in bed, barely eating anything more than the bags of sweets lying around and cups of tea or coke James brought me.

In this time of thought, I started thinking about what mattered the most and what I wanted to achieve from this year.

As much as I hate the whole "New years resolutions" to start something you can start any time, I do somehow always map out some goals for the coming year.

It's mostly worked out in my favour so far, having an idea what I want to do to get me closer to somewhere I want to be, so in spirit of that, here are my ideas for 2016.

Spend more time with my grandparents

They aren't going to be here forever. As long as I am freaking out about how I am almost half way to 50 (shit) I forget that they are way past that. I seem to stick in a zone where I just assume they are like 50 forever. I've started to notice my family age and that has terrified me, so for as much as I can, I want to talk, visit them and send them things to remind them that I love them.


Have more patience

I am just shit at it. I can blame my hormones, depression, anxiety, whatever, but I have the patience of a 4 year old. Especially with the people I love the most. This is something i've been trying to work on for a while since I realised I can get more snappy than a mouse trap at my mum for asking a simple question. But it's something that I have to focus on because one day, something impatient might be the last thing I say and that shit would suck.


Work on some writing projects

I've had a few ideas for half a year so far and I have about 4 setences to show for it. Maybe this time next year i'll have 8.


Rent a house in Italy

The grand plan of 2016, is to rent a house in Italy for 3 months in summer to have our family and friends over, roll around naked in the sun and eat all the pasta in the country. Not all at the same time.
I am almost scared that once we get there, we will never leave.


Keep advocating the important things

That's my thing and i'm sticking with it. Equality, body positivity, random acts of kindness.. you name it, I wana get on it.
This is also for personal use aswell. Random acts of kindness for my family and friends, and generally doing and writing about things that matter to me.


Appreciate life

Cheesy as shit but legit. After watching things like 'making of a murderer' and seeing homeless people in the streets... every little thing shows me how many things I have to be grateful of, something as little as being able to go outside and go to a cafe is something huge to someone else, and something someone else doesn't even have. I want to rememeber that as much as I can.


Don't worry if plans work out

Life is funny like that, just keep going if things that you want to happen don't happen, there is still time.


Stop dying my hair


LOL jks.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

30 Day writing challenge #3 - 10 things that make you happy

Why I stopped Multi Level Marketing