Smlates at the Science Museum.

My friend Jake had told me about this evening which i hadn't heard about before (Hardly a surprise, i'm not that hip) and i was super excited about it. It was 2 of my favourite things. Sex and science.
He did however, fail to mention the enormous "back on yourself" queue to get in, which he swore blindly wasn't there last time. It seems the whole of London was in a kinky mood, ready to learn.

When we had all made it in and grouped up to plan what to do, we noticed everyone had wrist bands on that said "likes boys" or "likes girls" etc. At first I thought it was speed dating and as I came with my significant other, I declined. After reading the leaflet, I came to learn it was just a social experiment on sexual orientation.

Our first port of call was the bar to get some science novelty cocktails. My boyfriend James bought me a "For your eyes" which was cloudy apple juice, elderflower and gin, strong combo. Then we made our way to the flight room for Simon Watts talk on the Science of Sex.

Simon's chat was great. It was amusing which had nothing to do with the cocktail I was clutching (not sarcasm for once)
It was informative enough to pass as a secondary school birds and bees talk but thought provoking enough for even the most experienced.
He spoke about monogamy amongst mammals, their sexual habits, our preferences, what we are drawn to and why. Even Edward Cullen made an appearance.
 
As far as monogamy, I knew about the black widow eating the male, I didn't know about the giant ball of pee they bring as presents. James needs to up his game.


After some intermittent signal issues, I was sad to see that Ellie, the communications assistant, had managed to get me into the talk "Sex addiction and science" but I didn't know until 10 minutes before the end. Life fail.
We ended up having a look around the shop as we couldn't find the basement section, through no ones fault but our own (maps aren't my strong point in any which way) but i know there were some awesome things like a wall of confession and a penis drawing tournament which my friend Johnny swore blindly he could win. I don't doubt that mate.

Thankyou to the science museum for having me, i am looking forward to next time!
(And being more organised, a girl can dream)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you feel like sh*t.

When in Rome

I can't cook #2 - Herby tomato and cheddar pasta bake.